This unit standard provides a broad introduction to the preparation of freight for storage, excluding bulk freight, within all modes of transportation. A learner accredited with this unit standard will be able to identify, determine, assess, record and store freight.
The qualifying learner will be capable of:
- Unpacking containers.
- Selecting/picking and sorting items.
- Identifying the storage method related to the item type.
SAQA ID: 252264
NQF Level: 1
Accrediting SETA: TETA
Duration: 2 days
Recommended Entry Criteria: Grade 9
Certification Issued: Competency Certificate
Unit Standard Range
- The scope of this Unit Standard is for any person working in the transport environment where knowledge and application of preparing freight for storage procedures is a necessity.
- The context of this Unit Standard refers to aspects, practices and procedures involving the preparation of freight for transportation safely and economically.
- The level assigned to this Unit Standard is appropriate because a narrow range of knowledge and cognitive skills is applied. The application of this Unit Standard is to qualify the person for entry into a career-based certification.