This unit standard is intended for all managers who should know the requirements of the OHSA and the consequences of non-compliance rather than the finer details of the Act. The focus is on the application of the Act for compliance.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Understanding the basic principles of the Act and accompanying Regulations.
- Explaining the requirements for minimum compliance stipulated in the Act.
- Interpreting the management controls required to achieve compliance.
- Understanding the record-keeping required by the Act.
- Explaining the obligations of managers in terms of communication and training.
SAQA ID: 242668
NQF Level: 4
Accrediting SETA: TETA
Duration: 2 days
Recommended Entry Criteria: Grade 12
Certification Issued: Competency Certificate
Unit Standard Range
The typical scope of this Unit Standard is:
- Duties include those of employers, employees, and contractors.
- Managers include, but are not limited to, Chief Executive Officers, Directors, Line Managers and Supervisors.
- Use of the Act should require reference to a selection of regulations appropriate to an organisation/business unit, or sector.
- A compliance plan includes, but is not limited to, documents that have legal status and timeframes.
- Documents that have legal status include medical surveillance records, appointments, inspection registers, minutes of meetings, investigation reports and training records.