The person credited with this unit standard is able to understand the functions, safety and suitability of the crane prior to utilisation in the freight handling industry. Learners are also able to inspect and record the operational fitness of the components of a crane and be able to access available support systems and emergency services in case of incidents and accidents while operating an overhead/gantry crane.
SAQA ID: 242976
NQF Level: 2
Accrediting SETA: TETA
Duration: Recertification 1 day | Novice 5 days
Recommended Entry Criteria: Grade 10 Literacy and Numeracy
Certification Issued: Competency Certificate
Unit Standard Range
- Limited to work carried out on a standard crane, with standardised fittings.
- The applied competence expressed in this standard covers one specific crane of a range of heavy crane types (capacity and functionality) used in familiar operational functions in any
- industry context, and in a range of environmental conditions (e.g. poor weather).
- Cranes shall include: C30: Overhead Pendant Controlled • C31: Overhead Cab Controlled
- Attachments shall include: S Tandem Lifts • T Special Categories.