This unit standard requires learners to demonstrate the ability to monitor, report and advise on compliance with legislation regarding lifting equipment. Learners credited with this unit standard are capable of:
- Reporting and advising on the maintenance and safe handling of lifting equipment in a workplace according to specified requirements.
- Describing the specified requirements of the construction, safe working loads and application of lifting equipment in a workplace.
- Demonstrating knowledge of the examination and records of lifting equipment in the workplace.
SAQA ID: 120349
NQF Level: 4
Accrediting SETA: CETA
Duration: 2 days
Recommended Entry Criteria: Grade 12
Certification Issued: Competency Certificate
Unit Standard Range
The following scope and context apply to the whole unit standard in any workplace.
Specific range statements are provided in the body of the unit standard where they apply to specific outcomes or assessment criteria.
Specified requirements include legal and site-specific requirements and are contained in one or more of the following documents:
Include and are contained in one or more, but not limited to the following documents:
- Relevant Acts: e.g. Mine Health & Safety Act, 1996 (Act no 29/1996), and Minerals Act and Regulations, 1991 (Act no 50/1991). and Occupational Health and Safety (Act no 85 / 1993)
- Subordinate legislation to the above
- Mandatory Codes of Practice
- SABS and other relevant Standards
- Chief Inspector of Mines’ Directives
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments (HIRA)
- Occupational Health and Safety Risk Management Programme
- Managerial Instructions
- Mine Standard Procedures
- List of Recorded OH&S Risks
- Working Guides
- Equipment and Materials Specifications