Learners acquiring this standard will be working towards obtaining a national qualification or are working within a health and safety environment, where the acquisition of competence against this standard will add value to the learner’s job, or chances of finding employment.
The knowledge, skills and understanding demonstrated in this unit standard are essential for upliftment, social and economic transformation in the Telecommunications environment.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of the Act and Regulations.
- Explain the requirements for minimum compliance stipulated in the Act.
- Conduct inspections to identify hazards.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the National Environment Management Act.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Environment Conservation Act.
SAQA ID: 246667
NQF Level: 3
Accrediting SETA: CETA
Duration: 2 days
Recommended Entry Criteria: Grade 11
Certification Issued: Competency Certificate
Unit Standard Range
The typical scope of this unit standard includes but is not limited to:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 (OHSA) (as amended).
- National Environment Management Act.
- Environment Conservation Act.
The context of this unit standard is performed within stationary structures, transportation, support structure, communication media, company policies and procedures, cultural ethics, business ethics, work environment, professional conduct, and quality standards