The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Explaining the use and limitations of a limited range of fall arrest equipment and fall arrest plan.
- Inspecting, assembling and storing fall arrest equipment.
- Selecting suitable anchor points.
- Using fall arrest systems with a double lanyard.
- Using pre-installed vertical and horizontal life-lines.
SAQA ID: 229998
NQF Level: 1
Accrediting SETA: CETA
Duration: 2 days
Recommended Entry Criteria:
• Communication at ABET Level 3 or equivalent
• Mathematical Literacy at ABET Level 3 or equivalent
• Medical certificate and Certified ID copy
Certification Issued: Competency Certificate
Unit Standard Range
The scope of this unit standard is for any person who needs to perform work at height where the learner will work under supervision.
In the context of this unit standards fall arrest refers to the principles needed to perform work at height safely. It applies to situations where work is performed at a height where there is risk of injury from a fall. In legislation the height is considered to be 3m above ground level.